"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm not skipping Thanksgiving..I Promise

I've been in the craft room
sewing up a storm....

It all started because my
very best friend said to me
"why don't you try and make those
stockings that are so cute"

What a great idea...

AND IT GREW FROM THERE

and I can't seem to stop



Just need to make two more!


Don't know what to do with these...they don't match my house
but I had the fabric....see the problem...
can't seem to stop the insanity.

This pillow turned out nicely...
so I was thinking maybe i'll make more and
 use them on the couch for Christmas

BUT
 then there is was last night
the wisdom of a nine year old.

We were sitting at the table eating dinner
and he says....
I've noticed that some people
just skip right over Thanksgiving and go
straight to Christmas...and I don't think that's right.

And he turns and GLARES at me....

WHAT??? 
 Is he speaking to me? 

Okay so maybe i've had Christmas music
 playing for two straight days and
spices simmering on the stove..

Seriously though....whos kid is this.
Can't be the same one who last year
was the first to help get out all the decorations.

Regardless...I received the message Loud and Clear...
back to Thanksgiving preparation's....

I'm going to spend the day working on the tablecloth...stay tuned.

BECAUSE I'M NOT SKIPPING THANKSGIVING
I PROMISE

And just to let you all know.....
Baby Aidan was born Sunday
Everyone is doing well and we are all just
 over the moon and completely
in love!

1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Too funny! Beautiful stockings, if I ever learn to sew that might be an easy start....

Related Posts with Thumbnails