"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Friday, February 11, 2011

Santos

Oh Oh Oh..
how I have always wanted one of these!

Santo
(from the Spanish word meaning "saint")
is a traditional New Mexican genre of religious sculpture.
The word "santo" is also used to refer to individual works in this
genre.  Santos are carvings, either in wood or ivory,
 that depict saints,angels, or other religious figures.



I was just breezing through Home Goods
and there she was



Happy Valentine's to me!


I've even made her clothes...
out of vintage trim, coffee filters, vintage buttons,
costume jewelry and an old lamp piece


And I did a little research.....you can find her on
She retails for double what I
paid for her at Home Goods! 
 GOD I love Home Goods.



She is so beautiful and peaceful...


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


1 comment:

A Vintage Vine said...

Such a great find! Home Goods rocks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails