"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My new set of wheels..

I hope everyone had a wonderful
Mother's Day weekend!
It's been one thing after another
around here.....
Sunday was Mother's Day
Monday was our 13th wedding anniversary,
Thursday is my parents wedding anniversary
and the day our oldest will turn 10
YIKES! 
Where does the time go?

Back to Mother's Day....
I had a lovely day
sweet husband and the children
were very good to me!
They bought me something i've been wanting

A shiny new bike with a basket in front!


Isn't she pretty! 
We had a great time biking up and
down the streets surrounding us
(well if you can ignore sweet husband humming the
song from the wizard of oz as he rides behind me...
you know what song i'm talking about! The one where the
witch is riding the bike....yes he is just sooooo funny)

I brought my camera and took a few pictures of
houses, flowers and stuff....

Wouldn't it be so cool to pass through this to get to your
front door!  Inside the big hedge I could see
 a fountain with a big pond. 
This house is actually for sale!

Do you think the people who live in this house would
mind if I came and had tea in their little gazebo? 
I'll take a picture of the big house one day....it's gorgeous
but the neighbor was watching me when I took this one.
Yep...you are going to see me on the news one day...
crazy lady on bike taking pictures and
stalking her neighbor's houses tonight at 5!

And then there is this curious house....
It's a castle! 
With gargoyles and everything...it's very odd
But hey...to each his own!

Look how beautiful this tree we saw is...


We made it all the way to the beach...

And then after our bike ride...the best thing happened!
We found an estate sale.....
Really, do days get any better than that?
Here I am riding home from the sale
with a new treasure.
 
Stay tuned....tomorrow i'll show
you everything else I found! 

As my son likes to say.....
It was the BEST DAY EVER!

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Sounds like the perfect day Amy! Your bike is awesome!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Best day ever!!! I bet!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want that bike!!!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails