"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Put down the goldfish and get your life back in order

Can't really pinpoint the exact time when this happened
but sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 pm on the last day of
school before summer all rules, routines and responsibilities went
flying out the classroom window....

Now before I keep on, if any of you would like to
go on pretending that life here at The Pineapple Room
is all rainbows and sunshine....scroll down to the bottom.
For the rest of you who realize that sometimes it's nothing more
than a carefully orchestrated photo shoot and lovely words...
keep reading


The kids and I have been held hostage stuck in this house
for a few weeks now with no car.  The lease was up...
we've been car shopping but with no luck! 
All my fault of course because I only like one
car and they no longer make them...whatever!

Dear Car Manufactures,
When did your cars become not only ugly
but overpriced?

Back to the point....
we've all been trying to entertain ourselves..
my oldest with Lego's...lots and lots of Lego's
strewn everywhere...which I always manage to step on...

Repeatedly....


  I apparently have been entertaing myself
with a diet full of kid's cuisine...
toaster strudels for breakfast...
grilled cheese for lunch....
Goldfish snacks in between...
Dessert after dinner...

It became clear to me this was a problem
when yesterday (and I can't believe i'm telling you this)....
I sat down and broke the seat to the potty......
apparently all that lovely summer food
 has gone to my hips...stomach and....
well read the above again if you can't figure out the last place.
(now in my defense...the seat was getting old)

THEN.....and this was the last straw
I find my littlest today working on an art project


While yes...it is her being creative with acrylic paint next to the
white slip covered chairs sitting on top of the wool rug...
but seriously....that's the least of  my problems...
take a moment to look at the picture on the right...

I'm no art critic...but I do believe
that is a pink UFO sucking up
what I can only assume is a pig...
all with a little green man inside!

Someone call child services
where has her mother been all summer....
what has this child been watching on T.V???
Wow...nothing like an end of summer wake up call!


(meandmarissa.wordpress.com)


So that's it....
time to put the wine and goldfish down.
Get this house in order and get back to
a routine!

The kids start school in 11 days!
And they better take the goldfish bag with them!

5 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I hope those last few days with your kidlets are happy, fun and full of goldfish!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

PS We can't get those Goldfish here. I always stock up when we go to the US but they don't last for long!

Simply Me said...

Thank you so much !!! I believe the store is called AAA or A1 produce and flowers, it is off dixie highway in lake worth, between 10th and lake worth rd, on the east side. Not positive if that is the name, i never look, i use to live there. They have buckets of flowers, beautiful, all different kinds, mostly roses you can buy for cheap .... thanks for stopping by, have a great day !

Patti said...

You can take a "this is the last straw" and turn it into a shortcake!!!!! Memories will always remain and thank you for sharing them!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

oh too funny! I need to get a schedule back here again...i feel out of control without one.

Did you find a car yet? we just bought a new one after lots of research...i'm on of those now that i'm a mom.

ART aka Anna-Ruth Taynton said...

Great post!....so long summer..........

Related Posts with Thumbnails